Has demonstrated competence through satisfactory participation in a relevant health care training or competency evaluation program. Said training or competency evaluation program must teach students nursing and nursing related skills including, at minimum, the skills identified at 105 CMR 158.033(F)(1)(b); or A registered nurse employed by the Program or under contract with the Program has determined the individual is competent to provide direct care to participants based on the individual’s demonstration of competency in basic nursing and nursing related skills and techniques.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the nursing staff and the therapeutic activities director as required, and in accordance with participant plans of care, written policies and procedures, and 105 CMR 158.000, in order to meet the needs of individual participants.
- A program aide may not simultaneously perform maintenance, food preparation, or extensive housekeeping tasks during Program hours of operation and serve as a program aide necessary to satisfy minimum staffing requirements in 105 CMR 158.032(C).
- Assist participants as requested.
- Assist with lunch serving.
- Assist participants with activities of daily living if needed.
- Notify his/her superior of all necessary documentation.
- Chaperone and assist participants on off-site trips.
- Other duties as designated.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to maintain accurate and regular records.
- Ability to work with the geriatric population.
- Ability to conduct self professionally and dress appropriately.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Current CPR & First Aid.
- Reports to Registered Nurse.